Hi Acer Class, a big Hello from MS Tuthill who is working from home, I’m keeping well and wish you well. Missing you lots! These are the spellings for next week.

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3

Root words ending in Y –  If the  root word is preceded by a consonant, then we drop the Y, add an I and one of the following suffixes, es, ed, er, est

happy – happiest

empty – emptied

easy – easiest

copy – copier

try – tries

Practise your spellings for 5 minutes 5 x each week.  Please hand in your book for checking every Wednesday.  The test will be on Thursday 26th March.

easy – easiest

empty – emptied

copy – copier

reply – replies

supply – supplier

dry – driest

apply – applied

easy – easiest

empty – emptied

dry – driest

spy – spied

theory – theories

supply – supplier

study – studied

library – libraries

apply – applied

Practise your spellings for 5 minutes 5 x each week.  Please hand in your book for checking every Wednesday.  The test will be on Thursday 26th  March.

One Comment

on “Hi Acer Class, a big Hello from MS Tuthill who is working from home, I’m keeping well and wish you well. Missing you lots! These are the spellings for next week.
One Comment on “Hi Acer Class, a big Hello from MS Tuthill who is working from home, I’m keeping well and wish you well. Missing you lots! These are the spellings for next week.
  1. Hello,
    Thank you for uploading all the school work. I can see the test date for spellings is for next Thursday… how will they be tested?